Q. I keep getting the “Sign In” page over and over, and I can’t log in.
A. Sometimes our users experience this issue with the Chrome browser. Try using a different browser like Safari or Firefox, or using a private or incognito browsing window.
Q. It says I have to confirm my account.
A. If you see this message:
Then you’ll need to confirm your account before you can continue using OpenMind. Check your inbox for an email from GuidedTrack.
Otherwise, you can click the blue text to confirm your account manually:
If you don’t receive the resent confirmation email, check your spam folder.
If you still can’t find it, it’s possible that your email provider is blocking some external messages (this is extremely rare, but might happen in a tightly regulated email network such as a school). Get in touch with your network’s IT support, and ask them to let emails from GuidedTrack through. In the meantime, you can contact us at email@example.com and we can confirm your account manually.
Q. After signing up or logging in, I ended up on a different webpage.
A. You might have accidentally redirected to the GuidedTrack website:
To solve this:
1. Type https://openmindplatform.org/app-user in your URL bar, and hit enter:
2. Once you’ve signed up or logged in, you should see this page (the first page of the OpenMind program):
Q. My access code doesn't work.
1. Before being prompted to enter an access code, you’ll first be asked to create an account (or log in, if you already have one):
2. Click “Create an account” then create a password.
3. Once you’re signed in, you should see this page (the first page of the OpenMind program):
4. This is where you should enter the access code that was provided by your instructor or group leader.
If you don’t have an access code (if you’re an individual who wants to use OpenMind on your own), no problem—just leave that field blank and hit “Submit.”
Q. It says "This page is not set up to run this program."
Unfortunately, OpenMind is not currently set up to run in Private Browsing mode in Mozilla Firefox. You can use it outside of Private Browsing (just hit Ctrl+N to open a new browsing window), or in any other browser.
If the problem persists in other modes or browsers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you resolve the issue.
Q. I want to complete the follow up questionnaire, but I never received the email with the link.
A. Search your inbox and Spam folder for “OpenMind” and look for an email with the subject “OpenMind | Follow up.”
If you can’t find that email, sign in to your account at https://openmindplatform.org/app-user/. At the bottom of the Main Menu, there is a link called “Follow Up Questionnaire” that will bring you directly to the survey.
If you have tried these two methods and still can’t access your follow up questionnaire, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Note: You can only complete the follow up questionnaire once 4 weeks have passed since you’ve completed OpenMind.
Q. I’m not happy with my score on the graded quiz questions. Can I go back and re-answer the questions to improve my score?
A. Going back and answering quiz questions again will not change your score. If you would like to start the entire program from the beginning, you can reset the program, but doing so will erase all of your progress, and this action cannot be undone.
To reset the program, go to the Main Menu, scroll down and select “Settings.”
From there, select “Reset the program.” From the hamburger menu in the top-right corner, select “Reset everything.”
This will bring you back to the very beginning of the program, and you will have to set up your account again.
Instructors / Group Leaders
Q. I want to create an access code for my class/cohort/group.
1. First, you’ll be asked to create an account (or log in, if you already have one):
2. Click “Create an account” then create a password.
3. Once you’re signed in, you should see this page (the first page of the dashboard program):
4. Click “Start,” then follow the step-by-step instructions for setting up an access code.
Q. Do you have instructions for using OpenMind that I can send to my students/participants?
A. When you create an access code using the dashboard program, you’ll automatically be given instructions that you can share with your students or participants. You’ll also be able to receive those instructions in an email.
The instructions are:
- Go to the following link to access OpenMind: https://openmindplatform.org/app-user
- Create a username and password with GuidedTrack. This will enable you to save your progress and log in from different devices.
- After creating your username and password, you will be prompted to enter an access code. Enter: [insert your access code] (case sensitive).
Peer-to-Peer Instructions (if enabled)
- As part of the program, you’ll be completing 4 conversations with one of your peers. This will provide you with the opportunity to get to know one of your peer better and to practice the skills you’ll learn in the online lessons. When you begin the program, we’ll share more information with you about how to schedule these conversations and what you can expect.
Please note: OpenMind is divided into 8 interactive lessons, each of which takes 30-45 minutes to complete.
Q. One of my students/participants is not showing up in my dashboard.
A. Participants will only show up in your instructor dashboard once they have completed at least one step (one module of OpenMind).
If a student/participant has definitely completed at least one step and still does not show up in your dashboard, it’s possible that they never entered your group’s access code when setting up their OpenMind account. To link their work back to your group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. I already created an access code, but I want to change it.
Q: How do I turn on or off Peer-to-Peer Conversations for my learners?
A. From your dashboard: https://openmindplatform.org/app-dashboard go to “Manage access codes”
From there, go to “Peer-to-Peer Conversation Setting”. You will be able to change your setting prior to learners engaging in the course. If students have already engaged with your access code, you will need to create a new access code and share the updated access code in order to change the setting for their experience.
Need more help?
If your issue isn’t listed here, no problem! You can contact us and we’d be happy to assist you.