Q. I keep getting the “Sign In” page over and over, and I can’t log in.
A. Check that your browser has third-party cookies enabled, which are required in order for the platform to run correctly. Most people have this setting by default, but if you do need to enable them, you can find instructions here.
Q. It says I have to confirm my account.
A. If you see this message:
Then you’ll need to confirm your account before you can continue using OpenMind. Check your inbox for an email from GuidedTrack.
Otherwise, you can click the blue text to confirm your account manually:
If you don’t receive the resent confirmation email, check your spam folder.
If you still can’t find it, it’s possible that your email provider is blocking some external messages (this is extremely rare, but might happen in a tightly regulated email network such as a school). Get in touch with your network’s IT support, and ask them to let emails from GuidedTrack through. In the meantime, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can confirm your account manually.
Q. After signing up or logging in, I ended up on a different webpage.
To solve this:
1. Type https://openmindplatform.org/app-user in your URL bar, and hit enter:
2. Once you’ve signed up or logged in, you should see this page (the first page of the OpenMind program):
Q. My access code doesn't work.
1. Before being prompted to enter an access code, you’ll first be asked to create an account (or log in, if you already have one):
2. Click “Create an account” then create a password.
3. Once you’re signed in, you should see this page (the first page of the OpenMind program):
4. This is where you should enter the access code that was provided by your instructor or group leader.
If you don’t have an access code (if you’re an individual who wants to use OpenMind on your own), no problem—just leave that field blank and hit “Submit.”
Q. It says "This page is not set up to run this program."
Unfortunately, OpenMind is not currently set up to run in Private Browsing mode in Mozilla Firefox. You can use it outside of Private Browsing (just hit Ctrl+N to open a new browsing window), or in any other browser.
If the problem persists in other modes or browsers, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you resolve the issue.
Q. I want to complete the follow up questionnaire, but I never received the email with the link.
A. Search your inbox and Spam folder for “OpenMind” and look for an email with the subject “OpenMind | Follow up.”
If you can’t find that email, sign in to your account at https://openmindplatform.org/app-user/. At the bottom of the Main Menu, there is a link called “Follow Up Questionnaire” that will bring you directly to the survey.
If you have tried these two methods and still can’t access your follow up questionnaire, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Note: You can only complete the follow up questionnaire once 4 weeks have passed since you’ve completed OpenMind.
Q. My instructor set a lockout time in between the Steps, but I need to advance through the program faster. Can I change the lockout time?
A. Unless you receive special permission from your instructor, you can’t modify the lockout time between Steps. If your instructor would like to grant you that permission, they should reach out to us at email@example.com so we can provide instructions for changing that setting.
Q. I’m not happy with my score on the graded quiz questions. Can I go back and re-answer the questions to improve my score?
A. Going back and answering quiz questions again will not change your score. If you would like to start the entire program from the beginning, you can reset the program, but doing so will erase all of your progress, and this action cannot be undone.
To reset the program, go to the Main Menu, scroll down and select “Settings.”
From there, select “Reset the program.” From the hamburger menu in the top-right corner, select “Reset everything.”
This will bring you back to the very beginning of the program, and you will have to set up your account again.
Q. I want to create an access code for my class/cohort/group.
1. First, you’ll be asked to create an account (or log in, if you already have one):
2. Click “Create an account” then create a password.
3. Once you’re signed in, you should see this page (the first page of the dashboard program):
4. Click “Start,” then follow the step-by-step instructions for setting up an access code.
Q. Do you have instructions for using OpenMind that I can send to my students/participants?
The instructions are:
- Go to the following link to access OpenMind: https://openmindplatform.org/app-user
- Create a username and password with GuidedTrack. This will enable you to save your progress and log in from different devices.
- After creating your username and password, you will be prompted to enter an access code. Enter: [insert your access code] (case sensitive).
Please note: OpenMind is divided into 5 interactive steps, each of which takes 10-25 minutes to complete.
Q. One of my students/participants is not showing up in my dashboard.
A. Participants will only show up in your instructor dashboard once they have completed at least one step (one module of OpenMind).
If a student/participant has definitely completed at least one step and still does not show up in your dashboard, it’s possible that they never entered your group’s access code when setting up their OpenMind account. To link their work back to your group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. I set a lockout time for my group/class/cohort, but now I would like to change that setting.
A. If you’d like to change the lockout time that you originally set for your class or group, email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you.