Job Opportunity: Content Developer – Corporate Training
Part-time with potential conversion to full-time, Remote
Imagine you could bring the best behavioral science research to life by creating scalable interventions that reach millions of people worldwide and teach them the skills they need to thrive . . .
At OpenMind, that’s exactly what we’ve set out to do. OpenMind is a rapidly growing non-profit, EdTech startup that translates the best social science research into engaging, accessible, and scalable behavior change interventions to help people gain the skills they need to bridge divides, solve complex problems, and thrive in a rapidly evolving global economy.
OpenMind was founded by the social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, the bestselling author of The Righteous Mind and The Coddling of the American Mind.
Since launching just over a year ago, our online program is being used in more than 400 classrooms and 40 organizations across 15 countries. We also have a number of high-profile corporate clients and we are expanding our work considerably in this market.
About the Role
We are seeking a Content Developer to help us drive our expansion into the corporate space by leading the development of best-in-class online educational products. We have begun piloting the OpenMind program with a number of large tech companies, and we are looking for a Content Developer who can integrate feedback from early users, as well as bring new insights into how the program can be better customized to a corporate audience.
We are looking for someone with experience writing for, and working with, a corporate audience to drive this process. We expect that you will rely on your strong writing skills, creativity, and knowledge of the relevant literature and business cases to develop a highly engaging version of OpenMind to help professionals transcend their internal divisions, foster trust within their team, and gain a set of practical social and cognitive skills to help them thrive in the workplace and beyond.
The Content Developer will also be responsible for developing new OpenMind modules as appropriate for this audience. They will work with our Innovation Director and Research Director to write content that is interactive, adaptive, and evidence-based. The Corporate Content Developer should have excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
While this current position is part-time, successful performance in this role can lead to a full-time position.
- Learn OpenMind’s pedagogical model, style, and tone, and use it as a framework for all product development.
- Review, synthesize, and integrate feedback from our pilot users and other experts in the space.
- Bring your own insights and expertise to inform the development of the program.
- Research relevant behavioral science literature and business cases, and translate the research into a highly practical and engaging program.
- Work with a cross-functional team of contributors and stakeholders to create, iterate, and disseminate OpenMind tools.
- Assist with additional writing for the organization as needed, such as corporate marketing materials and proposals.
- Available at least 15 hours/week: We expect that the role will initially require more hours for training, and then the number of hours will vary based on various stages of product development.
- Remote work: You can work remotely from anywhere, though we have a slight preference for New York.
The Position Offers
- Competitive pay
- Flexibility: Work remotely from anywhere, with flexible hours.
- Impact: Develop scalable tools to reach millions of people worldwide and help them gain essential skills to thrive.
- Team: Work alongside individuals who are passionate, driven, intellectually curious, collaborative, and have experience across the private sector, nonprofits, and academia.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into engaging and practical content for a corporate audience.
- Knowledge of behavioral science literature and/or applicable business cases.
- Prior experience working with corporate clients as a human capital expert or writing for a corporate audience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in digital curriculum design is preferred but not required.
Who We’re Looking For
- Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects relating to different topics at once.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Intellectually humble and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Mission-aligned (to create wiser and less polarized communities, institutions, and societies).
Please send your resume and cover letter to Raffi Grinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in OpenMind and what experiences you have that demonstrate you possess the above qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OpenMind is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.